Planning and Development (P&D) Department, Government of Balochistan, is a premier planning body in the province. It formulate all development, planning policy matters and plans to execute the policy. Provincial Five Years Plans (FYP) contain development policy while annual Public Sector Development Programmes (PSDPs) are planned to implement FYP policies concerning social, infrastructure and productive sectors. Small and medium range projects are accommodated in PSDP. P&D department has various studies and surveys conducted for use in planning. District profiles, Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper and very recently a Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey (MICS) are some of instances of efforts for better planning.
To plan judiciously the scarce financial resources to improve socio-economic conditions of the masses of the province.
Sections of Department
There are eleven sections in the department, including administration section, which look into development matters concerning different sectors, sub-sectors and other development packages. Each section, except administration section, is run by Chief of Section. Since there is enormous work load, some Assistant Chief of Sections are also given charge of a number of sections.
- Programming Section
- Communication And Transport Section
- Waater and Power Section
- Eductaionand Local Government Section
- Agriculture, Food And Fisheries Section
- Health and Social Welfare Section
- Natural Resources Section
- Development Package Section
- Development Authorties Section
- Forest, Livestock and Foreign Aid Section
- Information Technology Section
- Optimal utilization of available scarce resources.
- Formulation of development policies, strategies and sectoral priorities for the province.
- To ensure that the lined departments, in accordance with the policies of the Provincial Government, achieve set targets.
- To determine need and arrange foreign training for human resources of the province.
- To find suitable foreign donors for mega projects seeking assistance from the Federal Government in this regard.
- To ensure timely processing/ approval of development schemes at the level of PDWP, CDWP and ECNEC.